Job Summary: **Are you seeking a full-time opportunity with an established company located in Grand Rapids? We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented Accounting Assistant to join our dynamic team supporting the Corporate Controller by being responsible to perform a variety of accounting tasks, in accordance with GAAP, at the professional level. And to provide accurate and useful information for management review and decision making.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent Emergency Care Specialists (ECS) in the most positive and professional manner with clients, customers, guests and the community.
- Handles confidential information and protected health information (PHI) with tact and discretion as outlined in the MMS Employee Handbook in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Protection Act (HIPPA).
- Accounts Payable
- Review invoices and credit card statements for accuracy.
- Coding and Keying vendor invoices in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process Check Runs in a timely manner.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Maintain files.
- Accounts Receivable
- Preparation of all customer billings.
- Efficient and accurate application of customer payments to each account.
- Enters credit adjustments as needed.
- Communicate with customers by telephone, fax or email to resolve discrepancies.
- Maintain Files.
- General Ledger
- Daily reconciliation of cash and cash clearing accounts.
- Assist in month-end and year-end financial statement preparation.
- Account reconciliations including bank statements and balance sheet accounts.
- Account analysis of expense accounts and related variances.
- Maintenance of various schedules.
- Intercompany allocations and reconciliations.
- Preparation of various ad hoc reports.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Associate Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent.
- Great Plains Software experience is a plus.
- 3-5 years of accounts receivable/payables/general ledger experience.
- Proficient in Excel and 10-key calculator.
- Must have strong time management, project management, and prioritization skills.
- Must have great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to follow corporate policies.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with all levels of the company and community.
- Ability to communicate effectively and produce clearly organized written documents.
- Experience with Word, PowerPoint, MS Outlook, and standard office equipment.
- Dependable, flexible, and self-motivated.
- Ability to adapt to changing work situations, assist others and meet schedules in a professional, calm, efficient and effective manner while dealing with interruptions and pressure.
- Overall vision is necessary, including reading and close up work.
- Ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment including scanners, photocopiers, and FAX machines.
- Must be able to communicate verbally in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Frequently required to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI
For immediate and confidential consideration, interested candidates can apply by completely filling out our secure application form.