Are you looking for a full-time opportunity with an established company located in Grand Rapids? We are looking for an experienced Staff Accountant to join our dynamic team. Under the direction of the Corporate Controller, this position supports the finance department through the preparation and maintenance of fundamental accounting records, account valuations, financial analysis, cash management, and internal controls. We are looking for someone who brings unique perspectives and experiences to our team, has an analytical mind, is curious and asks questions, desires to find the underlying cause of complex issues, and strives to continually grow and improve.
As a Staff Accountant at Emergency Care Specialists, you would have the following role on our accounting team:
- GL maintenance to include journal entries, coding invoices, account analysis, and reconciliations.
- Assisting with accounting close process, while ensuring such is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in month end and yearend financial statement preparation, including historical data.
- Account reconciliations including bank statements and balance sheet accounts.
- Fixed asset schedules with related depreciation and amortization.
- Maintenance of various schedules.
- Intercompany allocations and reconciliations.
- Assistance in preparing annual budget. Review and analysis of budget to actual variances.
- Responsible for and oversees unclaimed property.
- 1099 review and preparation.
- Preparation of various ad hoc reports.
- May consult and/or educate associates and management on financial statements and reports; may participate in research to assist with identifying and resolving business issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Represent Emergency Care Specialists (ECS) in the most positive and professional manner with clients, customers, guests and the community.
- Handles confidential information and protected health information (PHI) with tact and discretion as outlined in the ECS Employee Handbook in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Protection Act (HIPPA).
We expect candidates for this role to meet the following qualifications:
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Must have strong time management, project management, and prioritization skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills are a must!
- Detail oriented.
- Dependable, flexible and self-motivated.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to follow corporate policies.
- Ability to adapt to changing work situations, assist others and meet schedules in a professional, calm, efficient and effective manner while dealing with interruptions and pressure.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting.
- 1-5 years’ experience in accounting-related position.
- Great Plains experience is a plus.
Emergency Care Specialists is a group of Emergency Physicians and Physician Assistants that staff 13 Emergency Departments throughout Michigan. We are committed to providing innovative health services and solutions, which has led us to develop several affiliated companies that we account for. We have been a part of the West Michigan medical community for over 30 years. We offer a great working environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package. If you are interested in being part of a creative and innovative culture, please submit your cover letter and resume as a statement of interest.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI
For immediate and confidential consideration, interested candidates can apply by completely filling out our secure application form.