Emergency Care Specialists, PC, is a physician owned and governed private practice specializing in all aspects of acute care medicine.
Established in 1984 at Butterworth Hospital in Grand Rapids, ECS has continued to grow both in size and breadth to meet the needs of patients throughout Michigan. What started out as a small group of physicians staffing one emergency department and educating emergency medicine residents there has grown into a service that includes all aspects of acute care medicine.
Today, ECS is proud to retain over 150 physicians (over 100 of which are equal physician owners) and 85 Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners (who staff 15 emergency departments, caring for over 450,000 patients annually).
Our mission is to provide innovative health services and solutions.
We're committed to expanding the boundaries of integrated healthcare:
- By excelling in clinical practice, education, research, management, and business innovation.
- To ensure quality, value, access, and experience
- Through a physician owned and governed organization
ECS is built on a culture of service. Our equal equity partnership structure keeps us focused on quality care of our patients and excellent service to our hospital partners.
Our wide variety of services allows for our providers to expand their career and follow their passions. Within ECS, providers have the ability to pursue other activities outside of clinical shift work. This helps avoid burnout and leads to greater provider satisfaction.
Our expertise has similarly expanded to encompass all aspects of acute care, including:
- Emergency Medicine
- Urgent Care
- Observation Medicine
- Peds EM
- Medical Toxicology
- MAT/Opioid Dependence Treatment
- Medical Scribes
- Quality Services
- Revenue Cycle Management
- Coding/Billing/Medical Practice Management
- Medical Education: Student and Resident teaching
- Occupational Medicine services
- Physician and APP staffing services