ECS is an equal opportunity employer offering excellent compensation, benefits, and outstanding teaching and learning opportunities in beautiful West Michigan.
Are you the best of the best?
ECS is looking for the best of the best to join our growing partnership. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and excellent compensation. With an onboarding approach that includes new hire orientation and a mentor program, ECS will ensure that you immediately feel a part of the ECS team. Our culture offers an excellent work environment where we believe wholeheartedly in the work hard/play hard mentality.
Is ECS a good fit for you?
Here are some helpful tips
The place to start: What matters to you?
It’s as important to us to have the right fit as it is to you. Which is why we suggest you invest the time now to consider what really matters to you. One way to do that is to self-assess the following:
What does my ideal life look like?
- Any other individuals you need to consider in your decision.
- Cultural, educational, social opportunities
What does my ideal job look like? What is your approach regarding:
- time off
- shift load
- money, finances, benefits
- decision making
- corporate involvement
- practice variability
What do you envision 5 years from now? 10 years from now? Beyond that?
Where you work and who you work with will have the biggest impact on your ability to live the life you want. It’s unlikely any position will provide 100% of your ideal and ECS is no different. Ask yourself, though, is there enough overlap with what you want? Never accept a position that doesn’t overlap significantly with your ideal! Answering these honestly will go a long way to easing some of the normal stress and uncertainty that goes with such life transitions. That makes for a better partnership for both you and for ECS.
At ECS, our goal is for you to be a full and equal shareholder/partner in about two years, without any financial buy-in. We believe this model provides the greatest level of engagement and satisfaction for you and ultimately, your patients. The variety of practice opportunities, from the ED’s that we serve to all of the other areas of acute care medicine we practice, are likely to have exactly what you’re looking for. And scheduling, for us, is paramount. With staff dedicated to customizing your schedule, we understand this has perhaps the largest impact on your ability to live the life you want.
But don’t just take our word for it. Check out this site, then get in touch with us and decide for yourself if ECS offers what it takes for you to live the life you want.
Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners
ED Experienced Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners
Emergency Care Specialists (ECS) is a privately held, physician-owned organization that provides emergency healthcare services and solutions within the Western Michigan area.
We are expanding to meet the growing needs of our practice. This is an excellent opportunity for experienced Physician Assistants and/or Nurse Practitioners to join our team of professionals as an Advanced Practice Provider.
The APP will be working alongside a team of nationally recognized supervising physicians.
Our team is comprised of individuals that enjoy the challenge of a fast-paced ER providing efficient and quality care to patients with acute and chronic complaints.
The successful candidate will be an independent thinker, self-confident, able to work well in a fast-paced environment and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Two years of previous experience in the evaluation and management of emergent, urgent, and non-urgent medical problems is required. Emergency care experience is required. A Physician Assistant must be a graduate of an accredited physician assistant program. A Nurse Practitioner must hold a current RN license and NP certification.
Both require current licensure and/or registration with the State of Michigan, DEA licensure, ACLS, and PALS certification.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please email your CV to email@example.com for immediate and confidential consideration.
ECS offers a competitive compensation package (commensurate with experience), attractive benefits, and an opportunity to continue to learn every day. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, for immediate and confidential consideration.
No relocation assistance is offered.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer.
- 1 Full-time experienced APP position, Ludington, MI
- 1 Full- time experienced APP position, split 50% Owosso 50% Grand Rapids, MI
Clinical Data Extractor
Clinical Data Extractor – Part-Time
ECS –Quality Program Manager
- Flexible work hours with work from home options
- Per-diem status
Collaborates with the ECS quality team to accurately review medical records to abstract relevant data for eligible patients utilizing both electronic upload and manual data abstraction of records. Assures electronic data elements are verified for accuracy and assures data entry of manually abstracted data into a clinical registry. The clinical abstractor will work to develop and maintain effective and collaborative team-focused relationships with the ECS quality team, physicians, advanced practice providers, the quality program clinical coordinating center and external partners to drive optional quality outcomes within ECS.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in relevant in-person or remote training at assigned sites to develop expertise on tools developed by the clinical registry program center.
- Effectively collaborates with assigned sites to review non-concordant cases and identify and present findings to other key stakeholders.
- Reviews medical records to abstract relevant data for eligible patients utilizing both electronic upload and manual data abstraction of records (abstracting duties may account for up to 90% of the role). Assure electronic data are verified for accuracy and assure data entry of manually abstracted data into the clinical registry.
- Utilize clinical knowledge to examine the electronic medical records of emergency department cases to identify patients eligible for inclusion in the clinical registry
- Reviews quarterly reports provided by the clinical registry coordinating center to ensure the quality and reliability of data collected
- Maintain quality control through the identification of suspicious entries, documents and informs the clinical registry coordinating center data auditor and ECS quality leadership of concerning findings
- Actively participates in audits of data entered into the clinical registry
- Serves as the first line of contact for assigned sites, assists with the utilization of tools, responds to queries, and address concerns
- Demonstrate the ability to manage fluctuating levels of volume efficiently and prospectively
- Ensures timely and accurate collection of data and abstraction and demonstrates the ability to meet established case volumes.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a healthcare field or equivalent combination of education and experience [e.g. RN, registered, health information technician (RHIT), research coordinator]
- Clinical chart review experience required – one-year minimum
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated exceptional verbal and written communications skills including public speaking
- Must be able to perform in a self-directed manner within a team-focused framework
- Evidence of ability to assess competing priorities, manage workflow and meet operational deadlines in a complex organization with minimal supervision
RN, RHIT or Research Coordinator
RN with valid Michigan License or RHIT a graduate from an accredited College or University
Valid unrestricted driver’s license
Clinical experience in the ED setting preferred
Database data entry and/or management experience
Quality improvement or patient safety knowledge and experience
Experience with EPIC documentation system
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This role has flexible working hours, with some opportunity for remote work.
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Overall dexterity is required including handling, reaching, grasping and feeling.
No direct reposts
Minimal travel to various clinical locations where ECS staffs or clinical registry collaborative meetings/events.
Manage the Company's Information Systems and policies to assure the development and implementation of data processing, computer operations and related functions (communications, office systems, production activities, etc.) As a member of the management team, participates in coordinating the strategic plan with the development of information systems. Provide on-going analysis and planning of information systems. Making decisions for changes, upgrades, and new projects to facilitate meeting the dynamic business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluates business needs, objectives, and goals by researching available products and designating procedures to best meet those needs
- Maintains awareness of changing trends and regulations and acts as required
- Develops implementation plans for new projects by coordinating process with project leader
- Provides well-defined plans including procedures, deadlines, and accountability
- Develops an annual budget by providing justification when needed
- Reviews and compares actual results to planned budgetary performance, preparing reports reflecting those results
- Develops configuration and performance standards. Implements and monitors controls to ensure such maintenance. Develop and maintain a Disaster Recovery Plan
- Reviews periodically department procedures, staffing and equipment for maximum efficiency while controlling costs. Makes purchasing decisions based on bid pricing provided by monitoring accurate records maintenance
- Coach and direct staff in operational activities to ensure compliance with departmental goals, objectives, and budget. Conduct Team meetings in accordance with overall strategy
- Direct the department's personnel administration activities including job assignment, training, performance evaluation, and compensation review.
- Ensures technology utilization providing a fast, accurate, and secure method to access information in a highly efficient and effective manner. Ensures service support in a professional, courteous, and timely manner
- Maintain a perpetual 5-year technology assessment plan and review system requirements annually incorporating new system proposals into plan.
- Maintain detailed records of all capital assets and related maintenance, location, etc.
- Conduct utilization analysis of Cloud vs On Prem for solutions.
- Make hardware and software purchases based on necessity and/or predetermined yearly budget.
Compliance and IT Security
- Ensures that security measures are effective and that privacy/confidentiality policies are in compliance.
- Regularly tests the system to maintain assurance of appropriate safety measures and functional software protection.
- Regular training and communication to all staff regarding safe practices and known issues.
- Documentation of compliance standards and annual review.
- Responsible for the installation/configuration, installation, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software related infrastructure (servers, software, switches, routers, hubs, servers, cables, racks, firewalls, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS).
- Manage all system back-up and restore protocol including testing disaster recovery protocols.
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning and network and software security.
- Manages Helpdesk and Systems Admin Staff.
- Liaison between IT department, IT consulting firm, and all other outside technology vendors.
- Performs IT consulting for MMS, ECS and affiliates by appropriately tracking time and resources.
- Meets with users to gather system requirements, analyze the requirements, and formulate a plan to develop the systems and procedures to satisfy the requirements .
- Performs analysis and testing on new software solutions prior to implementation.
- Provide basic training on software for new users on systems and ensure that all users are made aware of and trained on the use of new applications.
- Maintains systems within the department to track and report user requests.
- Assess and maintain audio/visual equipment in the building.
Data warehousing and related analytics
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality as needed with sensitive information.
- Program custom applications to support the needs of the medical practice including extracting data from databases to satisfy standard ad hoc requests, developing databases, spreadsheets, and other program utilization to manipulate and report on data (developing reports as needed using excel, data tables, SQL, etc. ).
- Continually monitor storage needs and system requirements.
- Train on all aspects of Microsoft Office 365, Teams, and file management tools.
- Promote utilization of integrated communication systems while ensuring confidentiality and user limits.
- Help the organization understand and adopt appropriate cloud applications and capabilities for applications, file sharing, and database access.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience within the computer science field
- Minimum of three years managerial experience with supervising people
- Extensive experience in Local and Wide Area Networks
- Extensive experience with personal computers and software applications
- Certified Network Engineer (CNE) strongly preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Interested in a Career with Us?
For all career interests with ECS, you may send your CV to HR@ecs-wmi.com.
Michigan. We love it here.
With over 1,000 golf courses and access to five great lakes, Michigan is an outdoor enthusiast's dream state. And with Grand Rapids as our home base, you can go from a canoe trip down the Grand River to a broadway show, all in a days time.